FileAccessService

Mar 29, 2011 at 9:29 AM
Edited Mar 29, 2011 at 1:08 PM

I was trying to create a test application based on the Business Application Template.

Everything seemed to work until I needed to get a list of the files that where uploaded.

I Created a Silverlight-enabled WCF Service in my SLApp.Web.

I added the code from the FileAccessService.svc.cs from the TestClient.Web into my own Service file.

The project compilation succeeded.

After that I wanted to add a Service Reference to the FileAccessService, but I am getting an error here. In the Add Service Reference Window I see my service and it is found, I give the Namespace a name, but then the following error occures:

Error 6 Custom tool error: Failed to generate code for the service reference 'FileAccess'.  Please check other error and warning messages for details.

I also get warnings like:

Warning 1 Custom tool warning: Cannot import wsdl:portTypeDetail: An exception was thrown while running a WSDL import extension: System.ServiceModel.Description.DataContractSerializerMessageContractImporterError: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.XPath to Error Source: //wsdl:definitions[@targetNamespace='']/wsdl:portType[@name='FileAccessService'] D:\Work.Net\SLApp\Service References\FileAccess\Reference.svcmap 1 1 SLApp

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

====

Got it working locally now.. by unchecking option Reuse types in referenced assemblies.

===

But now I get an error on my published machine:

CrossDomainError FileAccessService.svc

Coordinator
Mar 29, 2011 at 2:11 PM

This is a WCF situation/problem and Interlink does not use WCF. I would still be willing to help, but would need you to send me your project (zipped up via email or something). Another thing you may want to look into is the HSS Framework (http://hsscore.codeplex.com). One of the sub-systems in the framework for configureless - WCF Virtual Services. At least that's what I call it.

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:21 PM

Thanks but I already have the solution found, set my binding and endpoint in code.