Handler not launching?

Nov 9, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Thanks for writing this, it looks like a great control based on the demo app.

I'm having an odd issue with my application though. I can't get a download to launch for some reason. I pulled in the source code and tried tracking it down, but it looks like everything gets called correctly right down to the SafeNavigator Onclick event. It just doesn't actually navigate. I've tried both with a new window option and without. Is there a silverlight setting I'm missing to allow the safe navigator to actually navigate? I did some searching online and most people talked about using a HyperLinkButton like that in OOB mode... but I checked your test code and it isn't running in OOB mode, yet it works. Any ideas?

Coordinator
Nov 9, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Can you post a sample of your code? Are you using the demo source code or your own custom app?

Nov 10, 2011 at 1:13 PM

I'm using my own custom app. I think I must have just had a weird build issue. I removed my references, cleaned the solution and readded everything back and it works like a charm now. Thanks for the response!

Just curious... how did you manage to get around IE security with the pop up window attachment? I've had another project where we've been fighting that, and I haven't managed to get around it yet.

Nov 10, 2011 at 1:25 PM

I take that back, I think it worked the second time I tried because of where I called the "OpenFileAsAttachment" func. The one that works is just on a button click, the one that doesn't is inside an Async callback from a WCF service. This would seem to be back to the same old problem of IE security blocking file downloads that don't come from a user interaction. I'm still playing with it, I'll post again if I find out more.

Coordinator
Nov 11, 2011 at 2:53 PM

You are correct. In order to initiate the OpenInline or OpenAsAttachment it must be called from a user initiated event. For the regular file download to a memory stream it doesn't because you're not touching the local system. But you will still have a problem because the FileSaveDialog in SL requires a user initiated event. As far as I know there is no way around this.

If you can explain your use case, maybe we could offer a suggestion or work around. You can send us an email at support@highspeed-solutions.net is you don't want to broadcast your details.

Thanks again for using HSS Interlink.