Client Side Upload Completed Event

Apr 6, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Hi,

I just tried the sample and it worked perfectly. Is it possible to return some data back to that client-side when individual file upload is completed? What I need is that at each file upload completion, I add a record in the database and send that new record back to the client-side to be displayed in a DataGrid. Currently what I see is that there is only one "Completed" event available at client-side which occurs at the upload completion of ALL files, not for individual files. Also I can't find a way to transfer any data from UploadComplete function of UploadHandler class. Kindly explain that how can I acheive these things. Thanks.

Regards,

Touqeer Tariq

Coordinator
Apr 6, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Currently there is no way to provide data back to the caller (client) after the server side upload complete happens. I realized this was a need a few weeks ago on another project where after I uploaded a successful file I wanted to return some data element(s). This is currently on the backlog list of things to do. I don't have an ETA at the moment, as I'm super busy on other projects, but I will add you to the list of people to notify when the feature has been added.

For now, what I do is just store what ever I need to send back, in the database if it's not already there, then when the entire upload completes, go back to the database and get the pieces of data I needed.

Thanks for the positive feedback and great question!

Coordinator
Aug 22, 2011 at 8:18 AM

To confirm this feature has been added.