Quick Start Works Great

May 2, 2011 at 3:27 AM

I followed the quick start instructions and everything worked as expected. Wonderfully!

My problem was when I tried to move my test project to my actual application. I don't have a namespace set in my asp.net application so I am not sure how to complete the app.setting...

What would the fully qualified assembly name be for DownloadHandler in an asp.net application calling a silverlight application, where the asp.net app does not use namespace? Also the DownloadHandler.cs class created is required to be located in the App_Code foder of the project. How would I reference this?

Thanks for your Help,

Mike M (remote)

Coordinator
May 2, 2011 at 3:31 AM

I recommend switching to an Web Application versus a Web Site but if that's not possible, then you will have to create a separate DLL with your up/down load handlers etc. and then reference the DLL, and then follow the instructions, using the namespace etc. from your referenced assembly just like you referenced the HSS.Interlink DLL.

May 2, 2011 at 3:46 AM

Thanks for the very quick response. I'm not sure if I can switch at this point from a Site to an App but I will try the latter suggestion and keep you posted.

Again thank you for your awesome help!

Coordinator
May 2, 2011 at 3:48 AM

No problem, glad I could help.

Coordinator
Jun 14, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Wanted to let you know HSS has released a new embedded Database for .NET, Silverlight 4 and Windows Phone 7.

If you are interested, you can find more information here http://highspeed-solutions.net/db.aspx 

Thanks again!